- Messy Church is a form of church for children and adults that involves creativity, celebration and hospitality.
- It’s primarily for people who don’t already belong to another form of church.
- It meets on a Sunday once a month, in Harnham Church Hall between 3.00 and 5.00pm.
- It typically includes a welcome, a long creative time to explore the biblical theme through getting messy; a short celebration time involving story, prayer, song, games and similar; and a sit-down meal together at tables. All elements are for, and should include, people of all ages, adults and children.
- It’s all-age.
- It’s fun.
- It’s a church for people at all stages of their faith journey and of any age – a congregation that is as valuable and worthy of investment as any of your other congregations.
- It models and promotes good ways of growing as a family: a nuclear family, an extended family, and a global and local church family.
Forthcoming Messy Church dates
Sunday 3rd September – Pet Festival
This event takes place on the field next to the Church Hall. 2-4pm
Pet Service, Dog Show, Stalls, Activities and much more. Messy Church will have a stand at this event too.
Sunday 10th September – Parable of the Good Samaritan
Sunday 8th October – Parable of the Great Pearl and Annual Christening Tea
Sunday 12th November – Parable of the Sower
Sunday 10th December – Advent/Christmas