Welcome to Harnham Parish Churches
Welcome to Harnham Parish Churches
Welcome to Harnham Parish. We are a friendly, growing, Anglican Christian community that meets in two different churches in Harnham: St George’s, Lower street and All Saints, Harnham Rd. Around 100 adults and children meet together every week.
We are part of the Messy Church network; our Messy Church meets one Sunday a month in the Hall, Lower Street.
We are a supportive, friendly group of people, who care about our faith lived out in the community; Living, learning and loving through Christ.
Do come along any Sunday and you will be sure of a warm welcome.
All sorts of groups and activities meet during the week in the hall, in our homes, the local pub and in the church, so there are many opportunities to get to know others and get involved.
We hope that you enjoy exploring our website and if you would like a chat or more information, then feel free to contact me.
Revd Becky Roberts
As we enter lock down again, the standing committee have made the following arrangements to try to sustain wellbeing and worship both online and private.
- A small Remembrance commemoration will be taking place outside the Parish Hall, as St George’s Church contains a War memorial, please book with Linda Baker 07925108856. This will be a commemoration mainly for those who have links with the armed forces or a relative who is named on Harnham memorials. NO mingling. NO socialising. NO singing.
- Private prayer can continue in the churches, a prayer sheet will be placed in the pews or you can download the Time to Pray App to your phone to use.
- Some services will also be available online. See Harnham Parish YouTube.
- Funerals can take place attended by up to 30 people, with the emphasis on close family
- Burials of Ashes can take place attended by up to 15 people
- No weddings can take place
- No public acts of worship can take place
We understand the importance of staying in touch
- Those on our electoral Roll or church regulars will be receiving regular telephone calls from our Pastoral team.
- Weekly reflections and notice sheets will continue to be sent via email to all on the electoral role.
If you need help with prescriptions or shopping or finance
- The Harnham Community network will continue with this support. Please ring 07962 213494 or send an email to email@example.com
- The Vicar’s discretionary fund is available to those who are in need and cannot get funds from elsewhere do talk to Revd Becky 01722 333564
Reflections and written services can be found under the WHAT’S GOING ON tab and by clicking on Regulars Services. Also under this tab is our weekly notice sheet which contains news.
We now have a You Tube site where you can view visual talks, reflections etc
Virtual Church of England Service
Salisbury Cathedral: daily reflection at 5 pm, watch live or later on
St Thomas’s, Salisbury are offering recorded reflections and services. For details:
Romsey Abbey: daily Evening Prayer at 5.30 pm, watch live or later on, possibly other services too
St Martin-in-the-Fields, London: are live streaming Morning Prayer at 8.30 am and Lunchtime Mass at 1.00 pm, as well as Sunday Eucharist at 10.00 am, all on Facebook Live. Go to:
https://www.stmartin-in-the-fields.org/ for more details
Harnham Churches takes its responsibilities surrounding the safeguarding of children, young people, and adults who may be at risk very seriously, and works in partnership with the Diocese of Salisbury to ensure that we work in accordance with best practice at all times.
If you have any Safeguarding questions or concerns you can contact:
Parish Safeguarding Officer: Pam Macklin 0n 07968 207722 email: Pam@dlgi.co.uk
The deputy Safeguarding Officer is Jane Greenaway on 01722328583 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively you can contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser, on 07500 664800 or email email@example.com
Our Parish Safeguarding Policy can be downloaded here
Other Parish Policies can be found under “What are we about”
– Who we are
If you “click” on the Facebook or Twitter sign below you can see our Social media pages and all up to date photos and news.