Messy Church is still happening here in Harnham on the second Sunday each month. In June and July we made a video of activities and stories which can be seen on the Youtube channel via the parish website. In September we held a Messy Church outdoors on the Parish Hall field. To find out more or to be involved with any zoom get togethers please contact Jean Mercer firstname.lastname@example.org 01722 324229
- Messy Church is a form of church for children and adults that involves creativity, celebration and hospitality.
- It’s primarily for people who don’t already belong to another form of church.
- It meets on a Sunday once a month, in Harnham Church Hall between 3.00 and 5.00pm.
- It typically includes a welcome, a long creative time to explore the biblical theme through getting messy; a short celebration time involving story, prayer, song, games and similar; and a sit-down meal together at tables. All elements are for, and should include, people of all ages, adults and children.
- It’s all-age.
- It’s fun.
- It’s a church for people at all stages of their faith journey and of any age – a congregation that is as valuable and worthy of investment as any of your other congregations.
- It models and promotes good ways of growing as a family: a nuclear family, an extended family, and a global and local church family.